Welcome to my blog about horsey life in the North East - the good bits, bad bits, endless coffees and plenty of mud!

Friday 21 February 2014

Cady's new home

I've waited a week or so to write this post just to avoid ruining my keyboard by crying on it...but Cady has got a new home.

She travelled north last Thursday, to live on a farm with the trainer who helped me so much with her when she was five.

Gail has known Cady for a long time and knows her pretty well, so was the first person I spoke to when I decided she needed a new home.

Fortunately, Gail wanted her, and I feel confident they're going to get along just fine.

Keeping two horses had become too much for my bank account, and since Rodney does everything I want, it was the sensible choice. But still not easy - for five years Cady's been on my mind and part of every day (often a big part) and she's definitely a horse to remember, because she's taught me a lot.

I'll be keeping in touch with Gail and visiting soon, but so far she's settled well and her new bestie is Dottie, the one-eyed shetland.

For now, here are some of my fave pics of her over the past few years:


















Happy horsing everyone x

No comments:

Post a Comment