Welcome to my blog about horsey life in the North East - the good bits, bad bits, endless coffees and plenty of mud!

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Back in the saddle

I enjoyed a little ride on Rodney last night. We went round the block to warm up and then in the school for 15 minutes where we practiced staying straight, transitions and slowing down/speeding up the walk.

Other than sitting up tall and trying to keep my hands low and still I tried not to fuss too much about my position.

Rodney is really a very nice horse and I think we have got used to each other. We've had some small bumps over the last few months but now I find him very easy and cooperative to be around.

As a nice finishing note we've been invited to a pleasure ride on Friday so we're going to give it a go. He hasn't travelled since I've had him so if it's an issue I'll bow out and work on it when there's time. Hopefully though it will go well and we will have lots of fun.

Happy horsing everyone x

No comments:

Post a Comment