Welcome to my blog about horsey life in the North East - the good bits, bad bits, endless coffees and plenty of mud!

Thursday 2 February 2012

Playlists for horses

This I have to share...

My friend mentioned the other day that she has a theme tune for her horse that she plays on her iPhone while she's schooling.

Leading Cady to the field the other day I started singing Belle and Sebastian's Lazy Line Painter Jane and started laughing because it suits her so much.






If you haven't heard it and you'd like to then click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il7Ek0uBYEE

Which led to the following text from my friend Em

"My fave Tia song is The Editor's Papillon also like Kanye West Love Lockdown, Kasabian's Fire, Train Soul Sister and Drops of Jupiter, Peter Bjorn Young Folks, M Girl Eyes Wide open, Newton Faulkner's Teardrops...I put everything that goes with her funny drum roll legs on a playlist...ALISON get an IPHONE! We can do mix tapes for Cady and Harvey! I defo think Cady is a bit Alanis Morrisette (slightly angry n edgy but catchy and loveable too) I think Harvey is a Beatles man, his opening track should be All You Need is Love!"

So there you have it,  I'm off to buy an iPhone. I resisted all of Apple's marketing but cannot hold out against such a persuasive text. 

Does your horse have an anthem? I'd love to know if anyone else has playlists for schooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment