Welcome to my blog about horsey life in the North East - the good bits, bad bits, endless coffees and plenty of mud!

Tuesday 3 January 2012

A belated happy New Year!

Well I meant to post plenty up over the holidays and then, of course, life got in the way.
 
It was the best Christmas I've had for a long time and a big part of that was waking up on Christmas morning to go and see Cady and Harvey. They are both doing really well. Harvey is settled in his new home and Cady will be joining him shortly so fingers crossed she's ok with that - she's not one who likes change much so I'll take a bit of time off work to settle her in.

Out of the rain storm and enjoying a haynet

 Her new saddle is proving to be worth every penny though I haven't ridden as much as I'd like to. I did some light work with her last night and she was an angel which gave me a massive boost and I'm sure cured me of a horrible cold!
 
To go with her new saddle, my friend Emma bought her this beautiful cloth, embroidered with her show name.

A great Christmas gift from Emma

 
Hopefully we'll be showing it off soon though I definitely need some lessons before we start our dressage career again. At the moment my head is totally confused about outline as everything I read seems to say something different! If anyone would like to offer me a sound definition and how to achieve it I'd be most grateful.  

Until I know exactly what I'm meant to be asking for I'm going to keep it simple and get on with leg yielding, transitions and plenty of walk and trot to ease her new saddle in.

Wishing you all the best for 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment