Welcome to my blog about horsey life in the North East - the good bits, bad bits, endless coffees and plenty of mud!

Thursday 27 September 2012

Blurgh



Woody Allen once said: "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans."
 
The observant among you will notice that my last blog post was optimistically named 'Goals, Goals, Goals'
 
And then all was quiet, until now, when I have finally found a minute to update the story.
 
About two days after I wrote that blog post, Cady had some great physio done by Emily Bewsey, who you may remember treated Harvey.
 
I cannot recommend her enough. Cady was an impatient stampy-footed sod all the way through but Emily was undeterred.
 
And then two days after that Cady got kicked to kingdom come all around her back legs and two chunks bitten out of her tail. Obviously there was some catastrophic fall out in the field and let's face it, we all know who will have started it.
 
She's since been in her own field for a week, wearing a very thick rug to keep the rain and wind out, while growing fluffy and feral.
 
Tonight I'm going to attempt to get her out of the field while she no doubt demonstrates the manners of a wild mustang.
 
I have visions of her landing on top of me and my legs sticking out like the Wicked Witch of the East's...

Wish me luck, ha ha ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment